Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Rose Wednesday!


I stumbled upon something called Rose Wednesday and, I know its a bit cheeky for a newbee like me, but I had to join in!! I do not own any rose China or quilts like some of the other wonderful bloggers who are part of the Rose group but I do so love roses, the smell is so good and heavy and the leaves are like velvet! I love the big plump pretty old ones like this one. Sorry I do not know its name!

Someone told me in England there is a guy who has a company who sells "old Roses" his website is

(http://www.davidaustinroses.com/) oops that was a bit big I look as if I'm shouting! Sorry!

and his name is David Austin so I visited his site and look what I found! I wish I had green fingers or there was smellervisionor smeller cyberspace cos I bet this rose smells divine don't you!

I was so worried abut using a copyright photo that I had to take it off as I got too stressy and instead I have posted an image of old roses by the American Artist about whom you can learn more here her name is Marion W Hylton and I love her work! I hope you do too! I have written to her to ask if its OK to use her image!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am trying to find out about that big unauthorized sign thing. I am sure Mr. Austins roses are gorgeous and I will visit his site. Thanks for the info.

Hugs...Jeanne

Jan~Feather Your Nest Antiques said...

Well, I think you were unsuccessful in trying to post Mr. Austin's picture.But I will check out his site.

Elizabethd said...

What a gorgeous picture, I do love blowsy floppy roses.

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Welcome to blogging! I like cheeky women. ;o)